Mental Health Nurse Care
Mental Health Nurse Care is for people who are diagnosed with a severe and complex mental illness in the Darling Downs and West Moreton region who are currently being managed in the primary care setting via a General Practitioner
People who are deemed eligible will receive mental health nurse services through a clinic setting or outreach model including clinical coordination of services by a mental health nurse.
Mental Health Nurse Care will be delivered through:
• face-to-face sessions;
• telephone or online to individuals either in private or general practice settings;
• community locations or via home visits (where risk assessed as safe and appropriate).
People aged 12 and older who:
• have a Metal Health Treatment Plan;
• are diagnosed with a severe and complex mental illness;
• have mental health issues that are significantly impacting on their social, personal and work life;
• are at risk of being admitted to hospital in the future if clinical care coordination is not provided, or has already had at least one admission due to their mental health in the past 12 months;
• are assessed as needing clinical care coordination for their ongoing treatment and manage of their mental health for an extended episode of care;
• are currently under the care of a GP or psychiatrist for mental health care or will be linked with one as a part of the program.
A Mental Health Treatment Plan is mandatory for referral to this service.
WHO CAN REFER?
Referrals will be accepted from General Practitioners and psychiatrists only.
General Practitioners and psychiatrists will need to refer through refeRHEALTH, our e-Referral system.
PROVIDER SERVICE REGION/AREA CONTACT DETAILS
Service Region/Area - Southern Downs, Cherbourg and South Burnett
Provider for South Burnett
Mark Duffy, Mobile: 0488 007 585
Provider for Southern Downs
Catherine Elliott, Mobile: 0411 837 809
For More information contact:
P 07 4638 1377
F 07 4151 0794